Wednesday, May 11, 2011

So while putting away laundry and watching the Nate Berkus Show I felt inspired to write a post...

On the show they were talking about decorating with vintage pieces or old pieces that tell a new story.  I think that is what I love about what I do.  Taking an old piece with a lot of history and recreating it for your home so that it has a new story to tell.  If you have ever taken a tour of the Nichter Home, especially with my hubby, you have not only been privy to the tour, but the story that goes with the tour.  How we found it, painted it, recreated it.  How we took an old piece with an old soul and have made it part of our home, our story!  I see furniture not only as a decorative piece of wood, but as a part of your home that tells a story about you.  I hope to create pieces that you love, that you hand down, pieces that give you a story to tell.

I have been thinking a lot about where I want this business to go.  What I would love, is to continue to blog and share my journey with you.  I love to post my experiences and my creations with you. 

I would also love to add a post, on Fridays, to share tutorials with you on Do It Yourself projects.  If you have ideas or tutorial that you would like to see, send me an e-mail.

In addition I would love to continue to create pieces and sell them, to me that would be a complete package and an amazing job!!!!

Let's see what happens....

This is a piece I created for our youngest daughter,

I'm sure it will have many stories,

it already has one,

how it was created...



but don't tell her, because Santa brought it!!!


I even tiled the back splash!!!
This was an old kitchen cabinet I found in my parents cellar!!!

I just love before and afters, don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment