Saturday, May 28, 2011

How to make a sheet music wreath...

So while I am busy painting, by poor 4 year old is putting on chap stick, but my sister actually told me it's not glitter chap stick it is glitter glue!!!!  Again, I have said this before, (I hope it's not becoming habit), not one of my best days!!!

I started this yesterday and with all of my painting I forgot to finish my Friday tutorial, so sorry, so here it is, a little late...

Sheet Music Wreath

Now please don't think I thought of this, there are soooo many creative women out there,
I saw this on Miss Mustard Seeds blog and
wanted to create it for myself....

So I started with this baby...

We have a love/hate relationship
I love her because we create sooo many awesome things together,
I hate her because I am burned so often...

Then I took some stiff cardboard and made a circle with a circle cut out in the center....

 I love this bowl, it was my grandma's, it is used and loved in this house...



And then the rolling of sheet music into cones begins,
I used several different books and a couple of different sizes,
once they were all rolled into cones,
I glued like a machine,
miss mustard seed said to start on four points, (north, east, south, west)
Then just fill in with the rest of the cones...



And there you have it, a sheet music wreath, I love it...

It looks so nice with all the black and white furniture....

Now if you want to check out some creative people,
go to Miss Mustard Seeds Blog
She does a Friday furniture entry,
I am on there too!!!
http://missmustardseed.blogspot.com/

She has a giveaway going on, go check it out and
Vintage Skye on Etsy
http://www.etsy.com/shop/VintageSkye?ref=pr_shop

PS
Don't forget about the giveaway...
And next weekend at Aunt Katie's Attic

There is so much going on, I LOVE IT!!!
Enjoy your memorial day weekend,
and don't forget to think about ALL of those men and women who give up a lot to keep us safe and to provide us with the life we have,
thank you!!!!
And my thoughts are with those who have lost someone at war...
may you find peace with the family and friends that you celebrate with this weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment