Saturday, May 7, 2011

Just because I can...

This post is not about furniture but about the other amazing job that I am privileged to have, being a mother...
It has changed me in ways I can't describe,  provided me with countless numbers of tears, frustration, honor and laughter, it has taught me so much about myself and others and keeps teaching me every day...

Happy Mother's Day...


A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts.  ~Washington Irving
and this one is just funny...

One of the very few reasons I had any respect for my mother when I was thirteen was because she would reach into the sink with her bare hands - bare hands - and pick up that lethal gunk and drop it into the garbage.  To top that, I saw her reach into the wet garbage bag and fish around in there looking for a lost teaspoon.  Bare hands - a kind of mad courage.  ~Robert Fulghum



It's a joke in our family that my mom doesn't have feeling in her hands, if somethings too hot to touch she'll say "I'll get it".  If you touched it your hands would burn, but my mom, she's fine!!!

3 comments:

  1. You are so awesome! I love that you are following your dream. And I am proud to say I have an early "Kirsten" original - a bottle you painted for me years ago that still sits on display in my living room! I will take a picture and post it to your fb account!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I read about the mom who picked gunk out of the sink, I though to myself, reminds me of my mom and her ability to hold scolding hot potatoes and not feel a thing or wash dishes with scolding hot water with no problem...and then you wrote that! Too funny!!!! We love you mommy:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, when washing the dishes, we would have the water on warm to do the washing. Not good for the general though. She would promptly turn the water up to the point where my hands would actually burn through the rubber gloves! Thanks Mom, happy mothers day.

    ReplyDelete