Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Mudroom all jazzed up!!!

I tried something new today and I think you will like it...

In my mudroom I have a bench, it was just a little too plain for me...



I added burlap to the baskets on bottom and a little twine, which I liked...
but I felt it needed more...

But I didn't want a cushion on it, where would I put my morning coffee as a I wait for the kids to get on the bus?

So I was in quite a pickle!!!

Until I decided to do this...






I mod podged the top with tissue paper,
and added the flower chalkboards that I made...
what do you think....

I must confess that I didn't paint ANY furniture today,
partly because of this crazy weather, not exactly perfect painting conditions
and
because my son is making his first communion this Sunday.

So this week I will be preparing my own house for the party,
hope we have good weather on Sunday!!!


I hope you liked my little mudroom transformation,
now if only I could paint those cubbies....



2 comments: