Friday, May 13, 2011

Frame to Mirror tutorial...

As promised on Friday, a little tutorial for you Do It Yourselfers out there....

           I thought I would share how I turned a frame into a mirror...



Here is the picture of the picture frame before, you can use any size or shape frame you want...







1.  Start by removing the backing and strip it down so that there is just a frame.  A lot of times you can get really great frames cheap from the salvation army, who cares what the picture is, you are removing it anyway.

2.  Then you need to paint it.  I would prime it first and I spray painted mine gray.  Once it is dry, rough it up a bit with sandpaper to give it a worn look.
3.  Then I took some craft paint in blue and brown and mixed it together and watered it down. 
I wiped this on the frame and let it dry.  This will give it a distressed look.
4.  Once it is all painted bring it to your local hardware store to have a piece of mirror cut.  You can attach it with epoxy or they will attach it for you ( it will be a little more expensive)

Walla, you made a mirror, mine looks like this:



And this is how it looks in my house...



If you try this at home send me pictures, I would looove to see....
Happy Friday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment