Monday, July 25, 2011

Why Re-Purpose????

Why buy re-purposed????

Well to start....it's green....

I love the idea of helping out the planet, reuse something rather than waste...


I am one of those people who wraps up a half eaten PBJ....for later

Another reason is that old furniture is so well made and beautiful....


so often, furniture today, isn't made the way it used to be...

and on that same idea...Repurpsed furniture is one of a kind, it's an original piece of artwork...

everything these days is massed produced...don't get me wrong I LOVE Pottery Barn..

but I like it when it's mixed in with unique one of a kind pieces....

Another reason is....
It is usually less expensive to add a little bit of paint than buy a whole new piece of furniture..
WHO doesn't love to save money????



And one of my favorite reasons is because it tells a story...

maybe it was passed down a family line...

maybe you found it at a garage sale and fixed it up with your dad....

maybe it was your child's...and even though they are all grown up... you can change it and it's like they are still here...

I love the idea of taking something with solid bones and sprucing it up a little to fit your own personal style...

What do you have that can tell a story or can be repurposed....

All these pieces are made by me, most of them in my own home and each has a story...
 PS
I linked up to...

The Girl Creative

Making

all crafts Homemade Projects ~ Add Yours {7/26}

No comments:

Post a Comment