Sunday, June 5, 2011

A whirlwind of adventures...

I was going to post last night, but I was verrrry tired......in a good way!!!!
then my four year old said "mom did any of your furniture get sold", so ...with that....
I felt like it was time....

This weekend has been a wonderful whirlwind of adventures...

Aunt Katie's Attic...


It was so much fun, but before I tell you why...
I want to thank my parents, my in-laws, my friends ( you know who you are...)and of course...
my hubby and kids,
without you I wouldn't be following a dream,
thanks....

OK, back to Aunt Katie's

Aunt Katie was a terrific host....


My booth spot was right next to Lisa, from La Moda Lisa's...


I learned a lot from these two ladies, just that, and it was a valuable day, but that's not all...

Here are some pics of my space...





My first sale went to a good friend, Melissa



best of all after she left, and I mean RIGHT after, she sent me a text and this bad boy was already placed and hung in her house, she is amazing....


it was sooo very nice having friends and family come and support me...





my dad brought my little ones to visit, Alice loved the vanity, what little girl wouldn't?


I even had some ladies from my dads work come visit, I don't have pics but I will give them a shout out
"thanks Darlene and Darlene's friend (oops I forgot your name, but I am grateful)"

Thanks for all the good wishes and vibes from all you facebookers....

I also had a lot of people enter for a free chalkboard giveaway...
I will post the winner in the next few days...
(hopefully tomorrow, but I can't promise)

So my plan is:

To put my furniture in a local shop, so that you may shop at your leisure

AND

create a shop on ETSY...

It's sooo funny that a business painting furniture is sooo little about the painting and soooo much about the business, maybe I feel that way because I know how to paint, I'm learning the business, what a crazy adventure I never thought I would be taking, you never know what your going to be when you grow up!!!!


PS
My hubby and his team "rode" in the tour de cure today, congrats!!!
Lots of hard work for a great cause...



PSS

In all this fun this weekend I did find time to pick up this gem at a garage sale, it looks so pretty I'm not sure I can get rid of it...



Thanks for looking....

No comments:

Post a Comment